Friday, March 12, 2010

An Introduction and My No Rules Approach to Style

Afternoon dear readers, I'm Diana and the other half of So On And So Forth.

I'm a graduate student and an avid clotheshorse and you'll find me everywhere. Like here, here, and here.

For me, style has to be something that you situate for yourself entirely. Even when you are copying. Sure, some people are very comfortable fitting into singular modes like hipster or preppy but personally I like to dip into all the genres! I can't be everything in the world I wanted to be as a kid, but I can dress like it. Everyday is the chance to live in a new costume.

If I had a rule, it would only be to have the awareness of knowing what is appropriate to wear when. (Something Christopher mentioned.)

Nobody, or at least those without stylists, gets it right everytime. My wardrobe, outside of a couple of professional ensembles, is everyday attire. I don't have work vs. weekend wear. I like wearing all my clothes all the time because that works for me.

What about you dear readers, what works for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment