Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Anyone who knows me will be somewhat surprised that I am, indeed, now a blogger, what is perhaps equally surprising is the subject in which I am writing about in conjunction with my good friend Diana—fashion.

Perhaps it is the best time to point out that I am not a fashion expert by any stretch of the imagination. With that being said, I do care about what I wear and am very interested in men’s fashion and particularly concerned about the fashion of a particular group of people, namely my colleagues in academia. There are some very good blogs about fashion in academia, for graduate students, and so forth (they are referenced on this blog to your right). What is missing though is any commentary on men’s fashion. This is where this blog hopes to be a little different by addressing academic fashion with both the ladies and the gentlemen equally. Although I can assure you that Diana and I both discuss fashion for both genders regularly, I will limit my commentary and contributions to the gentlemen. More or less, that is where I feel most comfortable.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Christopher. I am excited to find your blog. I have been searching for help with my fashion challenged wardrobe. I have found so many sites devoted to women, but help for men is difficult to find. I have always worked in the academy, but resmeble more of the busines world when i arrive at the office, as a professor and administrator. Can you guide me to some sites where I can see good academic fashion examples for men? THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually we've been blogging about men's fashion in academia since November. We're a group of academics who care about style and are at various stages in our academic careers (some of us faculty, some of us grad students). I'm not sure if you are still blogging, but if you are you can look us up.

    <a href="http://fashionableacademics.blogspot.com/</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! We will continue blogging but things may be slow now that we're at the end of the semester and moving into summer. Look for things to pick back up as we approach Fall!

    ReplyDelete